Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Election day, 22 April 2009, South Africa, let's pull those rotten teeth out!!

The much awaited 22 April has finally arrived and as I sit here drinking copious cups of strong delicious coffee I am wondering who and what will end up as our president. South Africa seems to be on a downward spiral of corruption and decay and it puts my mind to visits to the dentist when I have had a sleepless night due to aches and pains in my mouth, usually caused by too many sweets and not enough flossing and cleaning after the gorging.
I seriously think that our hardworking and very caring leaders should perhaps leave the sweets of their political life behind them and concentrate rather on the removal of all the decay that they have managed to create since they took control of the dentists drills. The country needs a political type of flossing going up and down between the chairs in parliament and flossing out all that is of no use and is dragging us further down into the political gutter that seems to be Africa today.
The good can only come forward when the bad is removed and although in nature we cannot grow a third set of teeth at least in the political circus we are able to voice our opinions on an election day and hope that enough of us will have the courage to put our trust in new leaders. Past actions always being the guide to what future actions are likely to be, I think not that the current political leaders here are ever likely to change their leopard spots.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys get good results!

Random Hiccups said...

I felt very much the same way, and was hidiously dissappointed with the election results.