Sunday, January 18, 2009

Is/are, this/ these, with or without?


These signs are at the pool area in the complex where my daughter lives!
I am hoping my grandson has not been reading them for the sake of his English heritage.





They make me so mad, I quote "I want to throw the people who ordered them wif several stones." unquote.
If you don't know a language well, just ask someone who does. One would have thought the sign writer would have suggested correcting the language errors.

PS Braai is the South African word for barbecue.

3 comments:

Kittencat said...

Fantastic

BabaMzungu said...

When I was out in South Africa, I noticed a sign advertising a braai, using the word "BRAII".
Although my knowledge of Afrikaans is virtually non-existent, even I picked this one up!

Spear The Almighty said...

I think you should stay clear of the UAE then. :)